Chicken Roll Pickled Vegetables
- 4 Large skinless Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Cups of ground Pork
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of all-purpose wheat flour
- 8 Leaves of fresh, rinsed spinach
- 1 tsp of powdered black pepper
For the pickled vegetables
- 1 red sweet pepper cut in fine strips
- 4 tbsp of diced leeks
- 4 cloves of garlic cut in slices
- 4 tbsp of fresh parsley finely diced
- 1 cup of vinegar of fruits
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 1/4 cup of salt
- Combine all ingredients for the pickled vegetable, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Place the Chicken breasts in plastic film and beat to extend them to twice their size.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl add pork,flour, oregano,salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Drain the liquid off the pickled vegetables. Mash the garlic and incorporate it to the pickled vegetables.
- Put the Chicken breasts on top of a piece of aluminum foil.
- Layer the pickled vegetables mixture on top of the chicken pieces Make sure all pieces are covered with the mixture.
- Layer the spinach on the of the pickled vegetable.
- Put the Pork mixture in the center, roll the Chicken forming a roll.Wrap in the aluminum and seal very well.
- Bake at medium heat for about 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, unwrap, and brush the chicken roll with oil. Put back in the oven at 475 degree, until golden brown.
- Let cool down for 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot.
Featured cookbook: Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook