- 4 ripe plantains
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tsp of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz. grated Swiss cheese
- Peel the plantains,cut into slices lengthways. Fry the plantains in the oil at Low heat, until brown (don't overload the pan).
- Melt the butter in the microwave . Prepare a white sauce with the melted butter, flour, milk, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
- Whisk all the ingredients forming a sauce. Layer the fried plantains and the white sauce in a baking dish. Finish with the white sauce. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.