- 64 Oz. water
- 1 Lb. shank
- 4 Oz. pickled meat (Smoked or dried fish)
- 2 Stems celery
- 5 Grains pimento
- 1 Fresh whole pepper
- 2 Medium cassavas cut into bite
- 1 Small whole union
- 1 Can of coconut milk
- 3 cubes bouillon cubes
- Boil the shank for 10 minutes, and remove all foam from the water.
- Add the unsalted pickled meat and all remaining ingredients Except the coconut milk and the bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil until the cassava, pickled meat and shank are tender.
- Finally add the bouillon cubes, the coconut milk and boil for 5 - 10 minutes.
Recommended cookbook: Eat Caribbean