- 1 cup regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp crushed fresh ginger
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- Soak rice in water for about two hours prior to cooking & drain.
- In a deep pan, add 3 cups of water, salt, ginger & cloves and bring to a boil. Sieve through a colander & remove the spices & boil again.
- Add the rice, sugar, coconut cream & oil. Cover & cook at low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins, mix well, remove cover & continue cooking until the rice absorbs all the water.
- Finally, slowly add the condensed milk, blend well. Pour into a square baking dish & allow to cool.
- Put in refrigerator for 2 hours. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of the pudding.
- Cut in 2" squares & serve.
Recommended cookbook: Puerto Rican Cookery