- 1 1/3 cups of milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 Large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil
- Melt the Cheese and margarine in the milk at medium or medium-low heat Stir until all have melted into a sauce.
- Add the egg to the mixture and whisk. Combine sugar, flower, cornmeal, salt. Slowly add above ingredients to the cheese & egg mixture.
- Whisk to avoid lumping. Allow the mixture to cool, & keep in refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Measure out enough mixture with a ladle to form some flour patties. Deep fry in skillet until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Recommended cookbook: Puerto Rican Cookery