- 1-3 lb cut up broiler fryer Chicken
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Celery rib, cut up
- 1 Medium Onion, cut up
- 1 Small red of green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and cubed salt and pepper to taste
- Clean chicken with water. Put chicken in a pan.
- Cover with water and remaining ingredients. Boil chicken with all ingredients at medium heat, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer at low heat for 1 hour or until chicken is done. Serve with additional lemon juice and red or green pepper.