- 3 cups of par-boil or long grain rice
- 1 lb of salt beef or pig tail (cut up)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of coconut milk or 1/2 pack of coconut cream
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 twig of thyme
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup gungo, black eye peas, or any favorite type of beans
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- Bring water to a boil then add peas. Cook until soft.
- In another pot boil the pig tail or salt beef until most of the salt has been removed.
- Drain from water and set aside then add chopped onion, garlic, thyme, tomatoes, meat, coconut milk or creme, pepper,and rice. Bring to a boil then lower heat and cover pot to steam rice for 30 min.