- 6-8 okras sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups corn meal
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Boil 4 cups water in a medium-size pot then add the thinly slice okra.. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until soft and lower the heat.
- While the okra is cooking, mix the corn meal with 2 cups of cold water in a bowl.
- Add the corn meal mixture to the pot with okra. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook on low, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- The cou-cou is done when it's stiff and separates away from the sides of the pot.
- Serve on a dish with butter on top with flying fish.