- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Over medium heat, sauté onions and jalapeno in olive oil. Cook until onions are golden brown and slightly translucent.
- Add tomato paste, curry, ginger and chopped tomatoes and then add 1 1/2 cups water. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 4-6 minutes. Stir in yogurt and lime juice and serve over steamed rice.
Recommended Cookbook: Authentic Recipes from Jamaica