- 2 packets of yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 fl oz of warm water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 6 fl oz warm milk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 3 cups white flour
- 4 oz melted butter
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, then add in the milk, salt and egg while stirring.
- Pour half of the flour and stir. Then slowly add flour to the mixture until it becomes stiff. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. In a clean bowl, add oil and roll the dough in it until coated.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour. Cut the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece out. Brush each rolled piece of dough with melted butter and fold it in half. Brush dough with more butter on and fold it again.
- Place the folded dough pieces on a well-greased cookie sheet and pre heat the oven to 425 degrees and place a pan filled with water on the bottom rack.
- Bake the coco bread for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.