- 4 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Ripe Mango, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Dark Rum (recommend Appleton)
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Walkesrwood Jerk Marinade or substitute
- 1 Mango for garnish (optional)
- Remove and discard tips from wings.
- Place wings in large glass baking dish.
- Add vinegar and water and rinse. Do not let chicken sit in water for too long, drain and pat dry.
- In a food processor, combine mango, rum, oil and jerk marinade and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over wings; stir to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 12 hours or overnight, stirring once.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place wings in single layer in oiled shallow roasting pan. Bake 40 minutes or until wings are browned and cooked, turning wings over after 20 minutes. Serve warm or make ahead and reheat. Garnish with slices of mango.
Recommended Cookbook: Jerk from Jamaica