- 3 lbs shoulder of pork, cut into 1 to 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup of chopped shallots
- 1 cup of bitter orange juice
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper and hot pepper to taste 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 chopped large onion
- Put all ingredients except the oil in a large pot and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the marinated pork on the stove, add water to cover all ingredients and boil on medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the mixture, add oil and fry the pork in the pot until brown and crusty on the outside but tender on the inside. As another option, bake in the oven in large baking pan until tender.