Tassot (Fried Cubed Beef Goat )
- 2 lb steak or goat cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup of chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of parsley
- Put all ingredients except the oil in a large pot and marinate at least 4 hours.
- Transfer meat mixture to medium saucepan or pressure cooker and add water to cover.
- Heat to boiling and reduce heat . Simmer covered until meat is very tender.
- Fry meat in a large pan until crisp and golden brown.
Recommended cookbook: Fine Haitian Cuisine