- 6 Scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 cups thinly sliced or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced or shredded onions
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 to 10 peppercorns (optional)
- 3 cups vinegar
- Snip off the stem of the peppers, cut each into 4 pieces, and keep the seeds. Place hot peppers, cabbage, carrots, onion, cloves, salt, and peppercorn in a quart size jar. Then add vinegar.
- Close jar tightly and let sit at least 24-48 hours before serving.
- Serve with meat or fish.
Credits: A Taste of Haiti