- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 to 6 anise star
- 1 cup very fine corn flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- Sugar to taste
- Boil 4 cups water with cinnamon and anise stars. Dilute corn flour in 1 cup cold water and dash of salt.
- Slowly pour liquified corn flour into boiling water, stirring constantly until it thickens but no more than 5 minutes Add vanilla extract and can of evaporated milk and allow to completely cool.
- Refrigerate if you like it cold. If you like it warm, add evaporated milk and sugar to taste is if making a cup of coffee.
- Always remove anise star and cinnamon before serving. Serve with evaporated milk.
Credits: A Taste of Haiti