Sweet Potato Bread (Pain Patate)
- 2 lbs. white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grate sweet potatoes into mixing bowl and mash the banana into sweet potatoes.
- Add all ingredients (except 1 tbsp brown sugar) mixing each ingredient at a time until each ingredient is fully blended into the mix.
- Spread evenly into 9x13 inch baking pan and sprinkle remaining 1tbspn brown sugar over the top of the pudding.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Credits: A Taste of Haiti