- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk (boil a cup of milk with several sticks of cinnamon and let reduce to 3/4 cup, and let cool, and discard the cinnamon sticks)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two 8 1/2 round pans.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Mix until the mixture is light, fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt. With the machine running, add 1/4 cup of the flour mixture at a time, gradually add milk. Mix well. Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the center is firm. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Use any flavor of icing.
Credits: Kreyol Kitchen