Cuban Fried Chicken (Pollo Frito)
- 1 whole chicken
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 onion cut in slices
- 1/4 cup sour orange juice
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- Fresh parsley
- juice from 1 lime
- Use a sharp knife and separate chicken by parts. Remove excess fat and skin.
- Clean with lemon juice and rinse off with hot water. Combine garlic, oregano, onion, orange juice, wine, adobo and salt. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and marinade in the refrigerator overnight or 3-4 hours
5. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and cook in heated skillet or pan until they are golden brown.
- Remove garlic and onion from marinade and sauté them in a separate pan. Place garlic and onion over chicken and add fresh parsley.
Recommended cookbook: Memories of a Cuban Kitchen