Breaded Steak (Bistec Empanizado)
- 4 steaks 1/4 inch thick or cube steak
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup sour orange or lime
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely ground cracker meal, salted to taste
- olive oil
- Sprinkle steaks with chopped onion, garlic, juice, and salt. Rub garlic into meat. Marinate overnight.
- Beat the eggs in bowl and dip each steak in the egg first and then cracker meal, coating each steak completely.
- Fry steak in skillet on medium heat until golden brown and well done.
Recommended cookbook: Memories of a Cuban Kitchen