- 2 lbs fish
- 1 small onion
- 2 med. tomatoes
- 2 stalk scallion
- 2 sprig thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 pimento seeds crushed
- 2 oz butter
- salt and pepper
- scotch bonnet or hot pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Clean fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry in large pan a for about 5 mins on each side then set aside.
- Using the same frying pan , cook onions, crushed garlic, and tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except fish and butter and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add fish and steam for 3 mins.
- Pour sauce on the fish, then add butter.
- Cook fish until its flaky (8-10 minutes).